With the first semester finished, I really intended to post a lot and there has been so much material to post about – Putin`s seeming acceptance of Medvedev`s PM offer, Time Magazine`s choice of Putin as Person of the Year, etc. Alas, I have been in La Paz, Bolivia with a very poor internet connection (how did we ever live with dial-up?). One of my New Year`s resolutions is to post more to my blog. When I first started this during the past summer, the idea was to keep writing while out of school and to keep track of events in Russia. But as I posted more and commented on other sites, I realized that there is a community of people blogging and reading about Russia who actually have an enormous amount of collective experience and knowledge of the country. In fact, I would argue that most of these bloggers have more experience with Russia than the average Western journalist on the `Russia beat`. In this way, these blogs allow us to engage in a much more serious, thoughtful, and thorough discussion of Russia than appears in the world´s leading papers. I really appreciate this community and it has enriched me immensely. So, though we cannot all be za stolom this New Year, I still would like to propose a toast to all of you who I have met and how keep this community vibrant.
- RT @Alexey__Kovalev: The whole Pravda about Russian propaganda opendemocracy.net/od-russia/mori… an illuminating discussion involving and some esteem… 3 hours ago
- Orange Revolution twitter.com/DavidNakamura/… 3 hours ago
- 8 years https://t.co/Rg7Gt0mnBr 12 hours ago
- Exclusive: Kremlin plans special clinic for Putin's top officials reut.rs/2iW9ayh via @Reuters 1 day ago
- RT @USNatArchives: Reserve your seat now, or join us on @YouTube: bit.ly/2k1Jmme #NATO #history https://t.co/I6gOpX8RMw 2 days ago
TRM Topics Cloudanti-corruption legislation bribery bribes bureaucracy Business Business and Economy corruption criminal law Dmitry Medvedev duma Economic development economics elections Foreign direct investment foreign investment goskorporatsii Government of Russia Law legal update legislation Medvedev news roundup oil oligarchs PM Putin political parties power vertical President Medvedev prosecutor general Putin rule of law russia Russian economy siloviki state corporations strategic industries u.s.-russia relations United Russia Vladimir Putin war on corruption