Something to keep an eye on over the next several days. A personal address to Pres. Medvedev from exiled businessman and former Evroset owner Evgeniy Chichvarkin. In the video (below with English subtitles), he accuses structures and gangs within the MVD of conducting criminal raids and attacks on his businesses (including the infamous 2006 seizure of Motorola handsets bound for Russia). Chichvarkin is kind of a legend in Russia – ‘self-made’ minigarch/oligarch by Russian business standards, he grew Evroset to become one of Russia’s largest mobile handset retailers/distributors. He is perhaps most famous for the successful use of ‘edgy’ ad campaigns.
- Siemens Cuts Ties With Russian State Companies Over Crimea Breach themoscowtimes.com/news/Siemens-c… 2 days ago
- RT @WSJ: Lawmakers reach a deal to set new restrictions on Russia and restrict president’s power to remove Russian sanctions https://t.co/h… 3 days ago
- RT @KevinRothrock: Russian TV station's website publishes article saying Siemens cut collaboration with Russia over Crimea but it "helped N… 3 days ago
- 😶 twitter.com/frankthorp/sta… 3 days ago
- RT @Lucian_Kim: Breaking: Siemens quits Russian joint venture, halts deliveries to state companies after Crimean "turbine debacle." https:/… 4 days ago
TRM Topics Cloudanti-corruption legislation bribery bribes bureaucracy Business Business and Economy corruption criminal law Dmitry Medvedev duma Economic development economics elections Foreign direct investment foreign investment goskorporatsii Government of Russia Law legal update legislation Medvedev news roundup oil oligarchs PM Putin political parties power vertical President Medvedev prosecutor general Putin rule of law russia Russian economy siloviki state corporations strategic industries u.s.-russia relations United Russia Vladimir Putin war on corruption