Well, the new official meme is that it is Medvedev v. Putin, if not officially then unofficially, for 2012. If Medvedev was campaigning in the United States, we would already be deep into the campaign ad season, so he has some catching up to do. That’s why I have decided to lend a hand to our electorally-challenged brethren in Russia by throwing together a Medvedev campaign ad prototype (obviously the production value is a bit low). Do I think we will see such ads in Russia soon? Nope, but it would be a lot cooler if we did.
- Т-1917 Ленинатор twitter.com/golub/status/8… 19 hours ago
- RT @Russia_Direct: Why was #Putin so unspectacular in his delivery of the annual year-end address to the Federal Assembly? https://t.co/o0o… 20 hours ago
- Politician makes claims of vast corruption in Ukraine independent.co.uk/news/world/eur… 22 hours ago
- RT @KevinRothrock: U.S. spy agencies fight Congress over plan for probe of covert Russian influence campaign. "It's micromanagement." https… 1 day ago
- The New Red Scare, by Andrew Cockburn | harp.rs/1ry36bc via @Harpers 2 days ago
TRM Topics Cloudanti-corruption legislation bribery bribes bureaucracy Business Business and Economy corruption criminal law Dmitry Medvedev duma Economic development economics elections Foreign direct investment foreign investment goskorporatsii Government of Russia Law legal update legislation Medvedev news roundup oil oligarchs PM Putin political parties power vertical President Medvedev prosecutor general Putin rule of law russia Russian economy siloviki state corporations strategic industries u.s.-russia relations United Russia Vladimir Putin war on corruption