Well, the new official meme is that it is Medvedev v. Putin, if not officially then unofficially, for 2012. If Medvedev was campaigning in the United States, we would already be deep into the campaign ad season, so he has some catching up to do. That’s why I have decided to lend a hand to our electorally-challenged brethren in Russia by throwing together a Medvedev campaign ad prototype (obviously the production value is a bit low). Do I think we will see such ads in Russia soon? Nope, but it would be a lot cooler if we did.
- Roskomnadzor has blocked access to Google, unclear why kommersant.ru/doc/3331979 18 hours ago
- RT @maxseddon: If I were the guy holding the umbrella over Putin and Medvedev I'd be updating my resume pretty fast https://t.co/4XdScVJJ35 18 hours ago
- RT @Amazing_Maps: Map of every public sauna in Finland https://t.co/ME50NZfv1s 1 day ago
- RT @RidT: Note: Putin likely fell for a forgery himself, writes @DFRLab. If so, Putin still misled Stone—but not on purpose. https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @BBCWorld: Russian jet 'flies 5ft from US spy plane' over Baltic Sea bbc.in/2rAqGKh 2 days ago
TRM Topics Cloudanti-corruption legislation bribery bribes bureaucracy Business Business and Economy corruption criminal law Dmitry Medvedev duma Economic development economics elections Foreign direct investment foreign investment goskorporatsii Government of Russia Law legal update legislation Medvedev news roundup oil oligarchs PM Putin political parties power vertical President Medvedev prosecutor general Putin rule of law russia Russian economy siloviki state corporations strategic industries u.s.-russia relations United Russia Vladimir Putin war on corruption